A community service sponsored by Collaborative Practice California
If you are facing divorce or separation, you have many questions.
Get answers by attending a Divorce Options™ workshop. Divorce Options is a public education workshop offered through many Collaborative Practice groups in California.
How a Divorce Options™ Workshop Can Help You
Divorce Options™ will help you understand and manage the legal, financial and emotional aspects of this challenging life transition.
Divorce Options™ will help you explore your choices and make informed decisions about which process will most likely lead to your desired outcomes.
Divorce Options™ will help you take control of your divorce and move forward with your life, with guidance from trained professionals in law, finance and counseling.
Who Should Attend Divorce Options™
Workshops are open to all individuals and couples in California who are contemplating separation or divorce
- Whether married, domestic partners or cohabiting
- Whether same or opposite gender
- With or without children
Divorce Options™ provides you with up-to-date, unbiased information about:
- Spousal support (alimony) and child support
- Separate and community property
- Tax consequences of divorce
- Legal and physical custody
- Impact of separation and divorce on children
Find the answers to your important questions:
- What happens in court?
- How much time do divorces take?
- How much do divorces cost?
- How do you get started?
- What resources are available to you?
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of:
- Self-representation (“pro per” or “do-it-yourself”)
- Collaborative Practice
- Traditional Representation
Get advice from professionals on how to:
- Talk to your children about divorce
- Protect the things that are important to you
- Preserve family relationships
- Maintain your emotional health and lessen stress
- Work together instead of against each other
- Retain control of the divorce process
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented by a team of Collaborative Divorce professionals trained in this unique process: a Collaborative Divorce lawyer, a financial specialist and a divorce/communication coach. Each team member has experience guiding other people like you successfully through a divorce without time consuming and costly litigation.
The cost for the three-hour workshop varies according to your local practice group.
You may attend individually or as a couple. While pre-registration is not always required, we prefer you RSVP to your local workshop.
Divorce Options™ workshops are uniformly presented by Collaborative Practice California member groups throughout the state.